Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Tuesday, November 1, 2016
Monday, October 17, 2016
Thursday, September 22, 2016
We believe...that we are human beings, caring for other human beings;
we are all caregivers;
care giving is best achieved through kindness and compassion;
safe, accessible, high quality care is fundamental to patient centered care;
in a holistic approach to meeting people's needs of body, mind and spirit;
families, friends and loved ones are vital to the healing process;
access to understandable health information can empower individuals to participate in their health;
the opportunity for individuals to make personal choices related to their care is essential;
physical environments can enhance healing, health and wellbeing; and
illness can be a transformational experience for patients, families and caregivers.
Ten Planetree Components1. Human Interaction--Human beings caring for other human beings, creating a healing environment for patients, families, and staff members.
Patient Lavender...An IMH Human Interaction initiative.Click here to learn more about Patient Lavender.
2. Family, Friends, & Social Support--Contributes to the quality of the hospital experience by promoting caring connections between the patients and their support systems.
3. Information & Education--Patients, families, and community members are provided with increased access to meaningful information.
4. Nutritional & Nurturing Aspects of Food--Choice and personalized service, in combination with sound nutrition practices, add pleasure, comfort, and familiarity.
5. Architectural & Interior Design--The Planetree design considers the patients¡¦ wellbeing. The hospital is welcoming and accessible, providing clearly marked signs for direction, comfortable and familiar rooms, and designs that engage the senses and break down barriers.
6. Arts & Entertainment--Music, artwork, theater, crafts, and clowns offer engagement and enjoyment to enhance the clinical environment.
7. Spirituality--Planetree recognizes the vital role of spirituality in healing the whole person. From chaplains to meditation programs, hospitals can provide opportunities for reflection and support of spiritual needs.
8. Human Touch--Touch reduces anxiety, pain, and stress, benefiting patients, families, and staff members.
9. Complementary Therapies--Expand the choices offered to patients. Aroma and pet therapy, acupuncture, and Reiki are offered in addition to clinical modalities of care.
10. Healthy Communities--Expand the boundaries of health care: Working with schools, senior centers, churches, and other community partners, organizations are redefining healthcare to include the health and wellness of the larger community.