Meredith & Jeannie Ray Cancer Center
Patient ServicesBeyond state-of-the-art radiation therapy and chemotherapy services, we offer numerous patient services. All services of Ivinson Memorial Hospital are available to cancer patients at the Meredith and Jeannie Ray Cancer Center. We offer comprehensive services including educational programs to meet your every health need. We have a full staff of medical caregivers specializing in cancer care and providing high quality services focused on your convenience and comfort and based on the individual needs of our patients.
1) Cancer Support Group is held every Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. in the Community Room of the Cancer Center. The group is an open to the entire community of Laramie and Albany County. All past and present cancer patients, spouses, family members and/or caregivers are welcome.
2) Look Good Feel Better is offered through the American Cancer Society several times throughout the course of the year and reaches out to women who are currently receiving cancer treatment. "Look good Feel Better" is a non-medical public service program which helps women offset appearance related changes from cancer treatment. The program is facilitated by certified cosmetologists. Patients in various states of treatment receive make over tips and personal attention from professionals trained to meet their specific needs to include make up and hair loss.
3) Reach to Recovery is a volunteer program offered through The American Cancer Society. The program reaches out to patients who are in the process of undergoing a recent breast cancer diagnosis. Volunteers of this program are breast cancer survivors who have taken the personal walk these present patients are experiencing. These volunteers are able to answer the difficult questions and attend to the individual needs of the specific patients. Who better to reach out to than someone who has been there.
4) Prostate Screening and Support is featured at the Cancer Center during the month of September. The Meredith and Jeannie Ray Cancer Center sponsored its first prostate screening for men in 2006. This screening provided PSAs and DREs free of cost to the first 50 men who signed up. The Prostate Cancer Support Group was fundamental in this process and they meet regularly to provide support to anyone who is affected by prostate cancer. This is now an annual screening event offered to men in the Laramie community, offered every September.
5) Breast Cancer Awareness is featured at the cancer center during the month of October where individuals have access to displays and information pertaining to breast cancer screening, support services and treatment.
6) Lodging for Patients Residing Outside of this Community Ivinson Memorial Hospital extends its newly finished Guest House to patients and their familes. For addition information click on Guest House
7) Patient Services are based on individual needs. Nutritional, mental and physical needs are assessed and addressed by the professional staff.
8) Cancer Resource Center is a library staffed by volunteers to help patients access information about their diagnosis, treatment and other concerns.
DietaryDuring cancer treatment your body's nutritional requirements can change dramatically. Your dietitian will help to ensure your body is equipped to endure your treatment regimen and give you stamina to live your life to the fullest during treatment. Initially, your registered dietitian will evaluate your nutritional needs and set goals with you. You will then have follow-up appointments and are monitored throughout the duration of your therapy. Certain cancer treatments can make you more susceptible to dietary complications such as mouth soars, altered taste, and appetite depression. Dietary counseling is available should you experience any of these, or other negative dietary complications.
Business Office/InsuranceBilling and insurance questions can bring further anxiety or frustration to patients. We have business office staff available to answer any questions you may have and assist you with any paperwork.
Physical TherapySometimes patients and cancer survivors need physical therapy to regain optimal physical ability. Patients have access to physical therapists and equipment in Ivinson Memorial Hospital.
Our primary focus at the Meredith and Jeannie Ray Cancer Center is to provide our patients maximum care and minimum distress. We take pride in our effort to care for our patients throughout the treatment process. For more information about Patient Services, contact the Meredith and Jeannie Ray Cancer Center at 307-742-7586.
For more specific information, follow the links below.
Cancer Center Staff
What is Cancer?
Contact Cancer Center
Cancer Center Home