Get my Records
We understand that you may need access to your medical records from time to time. We have several available options for you to make this request.
You may request your medical records by using the following ways:
- Visit our Business Office, located on the first floor of the hospital to fill out our authorization form.
- Download our authorization form, located below and fax directly to our medical records department, (307) 742‑1924
- Visit the Patient Portal to obtain labs, x-rays, EKG’s, and discharge instructions.
Please ensure that you bring a government issued photo I.D. If you do not provide identification we cannot release your records.
After we have received your request, the turnaround time is typically 10 days. If this is an emergency, or you need to take them with you to a doctor’s appointment, we will process the request as soon as we are able.
Someone from our office will contact you as soon as your records are available for pick up. You may pick them up anytime during our operating hours. Medical Records is located on the first floor of the hospital.
Unfortunetly, we are unable to provide information regarding your test results over the phone. We are not clinicians, there could be a possibility of interpreting the information incorrectly. We will copy the record or fax it after receiving a valid authorization.
Personal requests for copies of medical records will be assessed by the following fee schedule:
- Actual costs. Ivinson may calculate the actual labor costs to fulfill the request, as long as the labor included is only for copying. IMH may add to the actual costs of any applicable supply (e.g., paper, or CD or USB drive) or postage costs. The individual will be informed in advance of the approximate fee.
- Average cost. The standard rate will be calculated and charged as a per page fee only in cases where the PHI requested is maintained in paper form and the individual requests a paper copy of the PHI or asks that the paper PHI be scanned into an electronic format 45CFR 164.524 ( c )(4).
- Flat fee for electronic copies of PHI maintained electronically. IMH may charge a flat fee of $5.00 for all requests for electronic copies of PHI maintained electronically, not to exceed $6.50, inclusive of all labor, supplies, and any applicable postage.
How do I obtain a copy of a family member’s medical record?
If a copy of the family member’s Advance Directive or Power-Of-Attorney is on file stating that you are the designated agent for the family member you may obtain a copy of the medical record. Also, the family member can sign an authorization stating that you may pick up a copy of the record.
How can I get the diagnosis codes changed?
This can only be done with a valid order from the physician that ordered the test.
Who has access to my records?
The only people that have access to your records other than the appropriate staff members, is your primary care physician, if he/she requests them for continuing care purposes, and yourself. We will require you to fill out an authorization to look at your records or for copies of your record.
How do I obtain a certified copy of my or my child’s birth certificate?
You would need to contact Vital Records in Cheyenne, WY, for information on obtaining a certified copy of the birth certificate. You may reach them at 307−777−7591