Ivinson Memorial Hospital provides opportunities for healthcare-bound students to observe members of our medical staff performing the duties of this occupation. Students are able to see how hospital departments function internally, and how they integrate with the healthcare system as a whole.
If you are interested in coming to Ivinson as an Observation/Clinical Student, please send a completed Observation/Clinical Student Application to our Education Department by email at email@example.com to see if we can accommodate your request. Please note that, while we strive to accommodate all requests, we may not be able to provide observation/clinical opportunities for all students.
Students may request observation up to 48 hours over a period of no more than 12 weeks. Requests for additional time will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
If the request for placement has been approved, all students, prior to hospital placement, must complete the following requirements:
- A letter from an adviser or other approved personnel from the student’s educational/community institution explaining the need for the shadowing experience must be emailed to the Education Department at Ivinson.
- The student must email their immunization records to Education Department at Ivinson. The immunization requirements can be found below.
- The student must complete the online Observation Student Orientation. The instructions to complete orientation will be provided by the IMH Education Department after placement has been confirmed.
After all of the requirements are completed, a confirmation email will be sent to the student and the preceptor indicating that the student has completed all of the requirements and is approved to observe. If the student shows up for observation before all requirements are complete and the confirmation email is sent, the student will be sent home.
MMR (Measles, mumps, rubella)
Must have one of the following:
- Record of two immunizations given after the age of fifteen (15) months and at least thirty (30) days apart.
- Record of measles and rubella titer showing immunity.
Must have one of the following:
- Record of two negative PPD tests, one from each of the last two years; or
- Negative Two Step PPD test within the past calendar year; or
- Chest X-Ray if the student has previously tested positive on a prior PPD. In this instance, the student will provide the chest x-ray to the Employee Health Nurse and will complete a tuberculosis symptom checklist yearly, agreeing to report to the EHN if the student becomes symptomatic during their placement at the hospital; or
- Interferon-Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) blood test for TB within the last year which must be one of the following:
a. QuantiFeron-TB Gold Test (QFT-G)
b. QuantiFeron-TB Gold In-Tube Test (QFT-G)
c. T-SPOT TB Test (T-Spot)
Must have record of flu vaccination if dates of rotation are between October 31 and March 31.
Please note that the Hepatitis B vaccine is strongly recommended for all students, but is not required.
new graduate job opportunities
Ivinson offers students the chance to be on our Student Recruitment Mailing List. If you subscribe, your email address will be added to our mailing list, and an email will be sent out when we open a position in the Allied Health or Nursing fields. Your email address will not be given to a third party.