Hospital Updates 1 April 2020
Virtual Visits with an Ivinson Provider are now live.
Meet with a provider, without having to leave home. With virtual visits, patients can log into their My Health Connection, patient portal, and meet with a provider over their phone or home computer.
As a current patient of Ivinson Medical Group or the Meredith and Jeannie Ray Cancer Center, you are eligible for a Telehealth visit. Video visits provide you with a private, secure link through My Health Connection to allow you to visit as if you were coming into the clinic. You must schedule your video visit to be seen.
You do need a few basics:
- a computer/tablet with a working webcam, speakers and microphone.
- or a smartphone.
Scheduling a Virtual Visit
If you are needing to be seen for:
- sore throat.
- sinus infection.
Schedule a virtual visit by calling your provider’s office:
Ivinson Medical Group
- Women’s Health Clinic
- Primary Care Clinic
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Surgical Clinic
- Pediatric and Family Care
Meredith and Jeannie Ray Cancer Center
If you have suffered a serious injury or have symptoms of a serious condition such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, severe abdominal pain, or have a possible emergency, please go to the ER or call 911.
If you need a physical examination, lab work, X‑rays or other procedures, you need to see a provider in person.
Before Your Appointment
- Sign up for My Health Connection.
- Download the My Health Connection app (UCHEALTH) on your mobile device if you plan to use it for the telehealth visit. No need to download anything if using a computer.
15 – 20 Minutes Before
- Log into your My Health Connection account. (Ensure that you are only logged in on one device and not multiple devices such as your phone and computer).
- Go to your “Appointments” tab.
- Complete e‑Check In at least 15 minutes before your telehealth appointment. (ex: Appt. is at 11:00am, e‑Check in no later than 10:45am).
- Get comfortable in a private location.
- Click on the “E‑Check in” and verify your information.
- Click on the highlighted message “Join Your Room.”
- Once on the Vidyo page place your name in the text box.
- Then click “Join.”
Tips for a Successful Visit
- Smartphones are preferred, be sure to download the My Health Connection/UCHealth App
- If using a Mac computer, download Google Chrome, as Safari is not supported
- Be sure your internet connection is strong enough to play video online
- Only login from the device you plan to use for your visit. Being logged into My Health Connection on more than one device, such as your phone and computer at the same time may cause audio issues
- Make sure your mute button is off and your sound is turned up
After Your Visit
- Your provider will confirm your pharmacy details and send any ordered prescriptions with the exception of controlled substances
- Note: If during the virtual visit, your provider determines they need to see you in person, you will not be charged for the virtual visit
- The virtual visit will be billed the same as a in-person visit