outpatient rehabilitation clinic
Please call for more information or to schedule an appointment
This outpatient based health service is for the management and health maintenance of chronic respiratory disease for individuals that remain symptomatic or continue to have decreased function despite standard medical treatment.
Our pulmonary rehabilitation program is designed to help patients cope with decreased lung function in order to maintain the maximum level of independence. The goal is to help our patients identify their own impairments which will help return them to their best possible physical, mental, and social independence.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation begins with a referral from your primary care provider. Through this 9‑week program, emphasis is focused on education about chronic respiratory disease, exercise, nutrition, and management of symptoms.
- Education on the lungs, lung disease, and lung disease management
- Education on breathing exercises and techniques to decrease shortness of breath with activity
- Education on dietary choices that promote proper nutrition and strength
- Education on managing the feelings of anxiety, fear, and stress when living with lung disease
- Education on medications and proper treatment for lung disease
- Regular exercise and management of fatigue while increasing exercise tolerance and becoming physically stronger
During your time in Pulmonary Rehabilitation, you will spend time exercising with your care team while being provided with education to help you live a stronger and healthier life. You care team will work with you to create an individualized program tailored to your needs and goals. During each session your vitals (Blood Pressure, Hearth Rate, and Oxygen) will be monitored and recorded to ensure safety.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation has proved beneficial for individuals with the following:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Lung Transplant
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Those that fully participate have been shown to experience the following:
- Lower risk of respiratory infections and flare-ups
- Improve health factors
- Improve ability to perform activities of daily living
- Improve quality of life
New classes are held several times a year. New classes run for 9‑week sessions, held 2 days a week (Tuesday and Thursday). Each session begins at 9:00 am and ends at 11:00 am.
tips to get the most from pulmonary rehabilitation
Enroll: If your provider refers you to pulmonary rehabilitation, make sure you go! It is one of the best ways to improve your lungs.
Attend: Regular attendance and consistency are key to investing in a better, healthier future.
Learn: Your pulmonary rehabilitation team is your best resource for information. They can help you understand your condition, medications, and lifestyle changes. Be sure to ask questions and use them as a resource.
Set Goals: Work with your pulmonary rehabilitation team to set realistic goals to help you progress safely through the program.
Keep at it: After you complete the program, keep going! We offer a self-pay maintenance program. Your goal is to develop lifestyle changes and habits that can help you live a longer, healthier life.